TVCC Veteran Services “Getting Started” Check List
“‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."
1. Apply for Admissions online here:
2. Review and decide on what VA Education benefit to use:
3. Complete Application for Education Benefits. Click the following button to complete,
sign, and submit your VA application.
4. Apply for Financial Aid here:
5. Take the placement tests: Math and Writing in TVCC’s testing center
TVCC Testing Center
6. Declare a program of study.
7. Meet with an Academic Advisor.
8. Enroll in classes that apply toward your declared program.
9. Complete a “Veterans Request for Certification form”. This form is required to
be submitted to School Certifying Official prior to the start of Fall term.
10. Order transcripts from all sources-military & other colleges/universities (these
must arrive and be evaluated by the
end of the first term of attendance) at
11. After completing the above steps, and the TVCC Veterans Services in-house paperwork,
set an appointment with the
School Certifying Official to have your file reviewed (Certifying Officials are listed in the above Veterans Packet).
12. Attach a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.
13. You must bring a new “Veterans Request for Certification Form” to the Veterans
Certifying Official for any and all
changes (adds, drops, or WHEN YOU ENROLL in a new term). Failure to do so may result in termination,
overpayment of benefits, and/or could affect future eligibility.