Emergency Medical Services
TVCC is authorized and accredited by the Oregon Department of Education, Office of Professional Technical Education, the Oregon Health Division, and National Registry to offer EMT programs from First Responder through Advanced Emergency Medical Technician programs.
Our primary goal is to produce the best-trained EMS students at all levels in the Treasure Valley and our service area. Other goals include providing rigorous training to prepare students to successfully pass State certifying examinations.
This is a demanding program at all levels. Our EMT Basic program is eligible for credit because it is part of the one-year Emergency Medical Technician Certificate and the first year of the paramedic transfer program. At this time the Oregon Advance EMT or National Registry Advanced EMT course does not carry college credit because it is not a part of any degree program and is non-transferable.
TVCC offers a One-Year Emergency Medical Technician Certificate program, which provides students with the first year of a two-year degree leading into becoming a paramedic. This certificate is designed to articulate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Technology-Paramedic or a baccalaureate degree in Emergency Medical Services. The certificate program requires a minimum of 47 credits.
The EMT Basic course prepares individuals to deal with the wide variety of pre-hospital emergencies and limited to non-invasive procedures. This 164-hour course runs over two terms (Fall and Winter) for a total of 10 credits. There is an additional 20 hours in Spring term for skills practice and test prep. It requires both classroom study and practical experience. Class size is limited to 18 students.
Classes fill quickly! Students must apply for admission to the college and arrange for student placement testing.
- ONTARIO CAMPUS - September
- State testing schedule TBA
- Course Fee: $1,380 (10 credits total plus applicable books and supplies, 5 credits for Fall, 5 credits for Winter)
2021 - 22 EMT Basic Information
Contact Sheryl Romans to discuss the pre-registration application process and program requirements.
Advanced EMT (AEMT)
TBA - taking pre-registrations now!
Course Fee: TBA per person plus book purchase
NREMT testing scheduled TBA skill testing; TBA written exam
The course offers the rewarding learning experience, practicing, and utilization of
advanced techniques and IV administrations. The AEMT course will teach a wide variety
of topics in EMS. There will be advanced emphasis on human anatomy, physiology and
patient treatment. This course will possess an intensity well above that of a basic
** Students must be currently licensed as an EMT. Participants for the AEMT course will be selected based on qualifications, completed program application and EMS Panel Interview. Please call today for an application packet.
For admission packet or to register call Sheryl at (541) 881-5757.
Learn about TVCC's EMT Program from current students!
(click the box below)
Important Program Information:
The State Health Division (EMS Section) and/or the Department of Education/Professional Technical Division, and OSHA now require the following for admission to the program:
- Provide proof of immunization for Hepatitis B or proof you are in process of completing vaccination series.
- Provide proof of immunization for measles if you were born after December 31, 1956.
- Provide proof that you have tested negative for Tuberculosis (current TB test within the last year)
- College placement testing is required.
- You will need a current Healthcare Provider CPR Card. Classes are offered through TVCC.
- You must have medical insurance and provide policy information.
- Complete an application for admission to Treasure Valley Community College.
- Submit a letter of Intent. Please describe briefly why you are seeking admission into the EMT program
The TVCC EMT Student Handbook includes estimated costs for Oregon and Idaho.
For More Information Contact:
TVCC Workforce Training & Education Department